Thursday, March 7, 2019

BLOG TRICKS AND TIPS

Well, hello!  This post is a little "housekeeping" reminder to readers who may be new or need a refresher course on how best to interact with this blog.

1.  SUBJECT INDEX: After several years of writing, there are a lot of posts to this blog.  Many, from some years ago, likely go unread at this point, or impossible to find.  Well, there's lots of good stuff in there and here's an easy way to find a post that might be interesting, helpful, or entertaining....

For desktop and laptop users, you will see a column on the left with "Subject Index" near the top.  (Device readers will see this also if you go to the Web Version of the blog).  Click on this and voila!   You will see an index of every blog post by broad category so you can find posts that pertain to that subject.  I especially direct newbie beginners to check this out to find acknowledgement and encouragement!  (P.S.  I do not know why the links are different colors and some are hard to see.  I've tried and tried to fix this.  If you are more techie than I about the glitches in Blogger, please help!)

2.  EMAIL ALERTS: If you would like to receive an email alert each time a new post is up, you can sign up with your email account and it will sent to you.  Easy, breezy, and never miss a post.  You will not be inundated -- only 2-3 per month.

3.  FOLLOWERS/COMMENTS:  Bloggers live for feedback, which is typically very sparse, unfortunately.  If you are so moved, you can register as a Follower of the blog.  Click on the Follow box in the left hand column, follow the instructions, and you will be officially a Follower, which makes it super easy to leave a comment at the end of each post.  I will even comment on your comment!

4.  REACTION BOXES:  OK.  You'd rather not be a Follower, but you do have some thoughts, feelings, reactions to the post.  You can easily let me know your reaction by clicking on a "Reaction Box" at the end of the blog post.   You will not be identified, but I'll know someone read and responded.  Yay!

5.  DATA:  I never see any information about specific readers, unless  you leave comments and even then I only see the name you registered with which may not be your actual full name.  I get data about how many readers per month stopped by, what browser program they used (as if I care) and what country they are from (weird how many are from outside the US!)  So, you are anonymous if you like that sort of thing and actually I do, because I try to protect my privacy online as much as possible.  Just FYI in case you were wondering about what I can see and about whom.

I absolutely love writing the Yoga Circle blog (as well as my personal blog "My View From Here", which you can find by clicking on the link on Circling the Mat), and I especially love knowing what I say resonates with others.  If you know me and sometimes offer any verbal, email, or FB feedback -- THANK YOU!  Happy Reading.  Happy Yoga-ing©

Namaste, donnajurene

Photo Credit:  www.pixabay.com

No comments:

Post a Comment