Thursday, October 27, 2016

CURE FOR THE COMMON COLD

I'm trying to remember if I've ever been away from the studio for a whole week unless I was out of town.  But here I am on Thursday and have not made it in.

I'm sick.  Nothing horrid.  Certainly nothing life-threatening.  Not even enough to make me have to stay in bed all day.  But enough to feel the creepy crawly skin, the chills, the cough, the sore throat, the fatigue of the "common cold".

I know I could make myself get dressed in "public" clothes to go and do a slo-mo practice at the studio, but my consideration of others is keeping me home too.  Who wants the woman on the next mat snotting and coughing through class?  Nope.  Not me.  This time of year it's easy enough to catch a "bug"; no need to purposely show up and spread those yucky viruses around amongst good-hearted yoga folk (or anyone else for that matter.)

So, I've been hunkered down with tea and honey, a thick soft blanket, and my Kindle.  It's actually kind of nice to call a halt to the goings and doings of life.   I looked up Yoga for a Cold and found this resource:  http://www.yogajournal.com/article/health/feel-better/  So, every once in a while I'll tip into a forward fold or do a twist just to be sure my body will still move.  But I'm too tired to do more than a few easy poses.  I'm sure I'll have to work on regaining flexibility and strength when I return -- atrophy sets in quickly!  But for now, a different kind of self-care is called for.  Yoga has taught me to work my edge and honor my body -- even when that means laying off yoga for a few days.

I miss you all.  Carry on.  Stay healthy.©

Namaste,  donnajurene
Photo Credit: pixabay.com

No comments:

Post a Comment