Thursday, April 30, 2015

YOGA IN THE AIR

Well, vacation season is nearly upon us...for some it's already started.  I flew a couple of weeks ago and decided to try to calm my frazzled nerves (fear of flying = me) with a few discreet yoga poses.  I should have found this article before I flew:  http://travel.cnn.com/sydney/visit/plane-yoga-18-exercises-healthy-flying-910157

 It has some good tips and many of them I thought of myself:

Deep Breathing, Head Rolls, Seated Cat-Cow, Seated Twists and Leg/Hip Movements -- all beneficial to help prevent the stiff and sore result of a 6-hour flight.

I did not, however, treat my fellow passengers to any Forward Bends, Warrior, Chair, or Tree poses.   I guess I'm not that uninhibited.  Unlike the empty seats surrounding the model in the photos in this article, my plane was jammed full of people!  I also didn't "take a stroll around the cabin" as this article suggests.   When was the last time anyone could "stroll around cabin"?!?  One long narrow aisle, between three-across seats, usually clogged with food and beverage carts and people waiting for the restroom leaves little strolling opportunity.

I do, however, commend our hometown Boeing company for creating the Alaska Airlines 737/800-900 aircraft.  Lots of legroom, even in coach!  And outlets for chargers and USB ports for devices at each seat!  Now, if they could just do something about that "unexpected turbulence", I'd be a very satisfied and oh so blissed-out flyer.©

Namaste,  donnajurene

Photo Credit: openclipart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment