Thursday, August 4, 2016

SOAPY YOGA


When I heard Karen in class today advise that we practice yoga all the Days of Our Lives,  I immediately flashed back to my uncle.  My Uncle Ryan's hope was based in his firm conviction that we only have One Life to Live, and that too quickly that life passes like sands through an hour glass or spinning on its axis, As the World Turns.  First we are The Young and the Restless.  Later we mature in the The Bold and the Beautiful.  But as time marches on we soon find ourselves fighting a Secret Storm, and eventually following that Guiding Light toward The Edge of Night.  There is no time to waste wishing for Another World.  I remember him saying, "I hope that All My Children will know that this present moment is more important than a futile Search for Tomorrow and that choosing health and vitality, especially through practicing Yoga, is all that stands between an active life and a trip to General Hospital."

My uncle was a wise man.  He also watched a lot of daytime TV.  ©

Namaste,  donnajurene

Photo Credit:  General Hospital, ABC.com

No comments:

Post a Comment