Tuesday, September 1, 2020

BACK-TO-SCHOOL COVID STYLE


Happy September! It's back-to-school month!  Kids, parents, and teachers are dealing with the new normal of "distance learning" via Zoom.   Some districts in some areas are doing a hybrid of in-person and and online.  

Same with Yoga Circle Studio.  Online classes have been available all summer.  Now there is an option of four students being able to come in person to the studio with the teacher who will be teaching online simultaneously.  I'm happy Yoga Circle is large enough to accommodate a few in-person students.  My son is a local Park District Recreation Supervisor and they had to cancel their in-person classes when a new rule was implemented in August stating a requirement of 300 sq. feet of space per person.    

I'm also happy the online option is still available!  I'm not yet comfortable returning to indoor settings for anything except grabbing groceries, and mostly it's my husband who is the shopper. Reading now about the spread of Covid-19 through aerosols (teeny tiny little sprays that come from our mouths when we breathe, talk, laugh, cough, sneeze) and how they float in currents in the air, or hang in one place depending upon the indoor ventilation efficiency and direction of air flow makes me crazy!  On top of everything else, will we all have to become ventilation experts?!?  

There are science-backed measures we all should be taking (some are not, however) such as wearing a mask, washing those hands, keeping at least 6 feet apart, and not going to big gatherings, especially indoors. (The coming fall/winter/holiday season will be a new challenge!)

At a certain point, it's a leap of faith I guess.  Many people seem perfectly comfortable, and have throughout this period of time, with trusting their immune systems, the fates, God, whatever flavor of "expert" they've decided to follow.  I guess I'm a skeptic and and bit of a worrier.  I like knowing all the facts, studying the data, erring on the side of caution.  We are all built differently in that regard. 

I hinted a couple of posts ago that I want to explore how our personalities might inform our decision- making about health and so much more.  I want to explore how yoga can work in tandem with various personality types to help us best address our type's needs.  

Part 1 of Yoga and the Enneagram is coming soon and will continue throughout this month.  Be ready to learn!  It's back-to-school month!

Namaste, donnajurene

Photo Credit: www.pixabay.com

No comments:

Post a Comment