Thursday, September 24, 2015

SUPREME YOGA

I was in Washington D.C. a few weeks ago, doing all the touristy things.  One of them was a visit to the U.S. Supreme Court building.  (My other blog, My View From Here, has a few posts with more details about my trip, if you are interested http://www.myviewfromhere-donna.blogspot.com.)

I saw this Yoga for Lawyers book in the basement Gift Shop and snapped a photo.  It was along the side wall, prominently placed with all the Justice's biographies, historical texts, and pocket Constitutions.  It made me smile to see this.  Even in the hushed and hallowed halls of the Supreme Court, we find Yoga!

I don't really know what makes Yoga for Lawyers different from Yoga for anyone else, but in reading the Amazon reviews I understand that the combination of scientific "proof" that yoga works to calm the mind and body, along with detailed descriptions and illustrations of practices has some appeal to the super rational left brains of those who practice law.

I just think any book that encourages Justice Scalia to assume a Gyan Mudra is one to put on your "must have" list.©

Namaste,  donnajurene


No comments:

Post a Comment